Saturday, September 15, 2007

We Arrived to Shanghai!

Dano and I decided we have the world's best little traveler. Sure, she's four and she has her moments, but Lian did an outstanding job during this 18 hour travel day. We are so proud of her and she is so excited to be in China. Quotes from Lian today:

"China is so big that I can't even hold it in my arms."
"It smells here."
"Daddy no longer speaks English. He only speaks Chinese now. Me too. I learn hundreds of words at my school. I will teach you, Mommy." - she then proceeded to interweave actual Chinese words with what we are defining as Lianese

We made it to our hotel. No pictures to display yet. We're still waiting for Jonathan and Suzanne to arrive (by the way, they traveled to Beijing because we have already been there twice and did not want to visit again, but it seemed sad that they would make it all the way to China and not have a picture of the Great Wall).

We leave on the train for Nanjing at 9:15 tomorrow morning. Wish us well!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I love these blogs. I can keep up with all of you. Great job with traveling Lian! You can teach me Chinese in Nov.
Jon and Suzanne's pictures are great!

amy said...

Have a great time~

Lena said...

Jennifer!!! I'm so excited for you! I've been praying for you a lot! Hope everything goes great! Can't wait to see some pictures:)
love, Lena

Brian said...

We're so excited for all of you. Peace be with you over the next couple of days (...and months...and years).

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lian! We are certainly praying for you and ALL that the upcoming days hold. Turns out my parents are in Nanjing this week also!

Melinda and Family

RoLo said...

Glad that you arrived safe and sound. Enjoyed the Lian quotes. Hope to see pictures soon.