Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scriptures We've Reflected Upon

I tried to read a Proverb each day of our trip (i.e. Proverb 16 for the 16th of the month, 22 for the 22nd of the month, etc.) On the 22nd and 23rd we were discussing many of the things we had seen and I remembered I had not opened the Scripture yet. Here are a few of the scripture that jumped out at us:

Proverbs 22
2 Rich and poor have this in common:
The LORD is the Maker of them all.

16 He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth
and he who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.

22 Do not exploit the poor because they are poor
and do not crush the needy in court,

23 for the LORD will take up their case
and will plunder those who plunder them.


Proverbs 23

10 Do not move an ancient boundary stone
or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,

11 for their Defender is strong;
he will take up their case against you.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I have been doing the same thing. . .those days stuck out to me greatly. . and moved me to prayer!

Brandi