Thursday, August 2, 2007

Introducing Lian Mei's Baby Sister!!!



It is hard to describe our emotions right now. We just "met" our beautiful little girl, Feng Xiao Nu, this morning. We now long to meet her in person sometime in the next 5-8 weeks. In Lian's words, "I am so excited! I love my baby sister so much!" We couldn't say it any better.

The quick facts are that she is 10 months old (bday is 9/18/06), which is exactly how old Lian was at her referral. We are praying we will be able to celebrate her first birthday with her in China. She was born in Fengcheng in the province of Jiangxi (Lian was born in Jiangsu) and it looks like she has been in foster care through the Fencheng Social Welfare Institute. She is 24 inches and 14.9 pounds. We are still awaiting the translation of her personal and medical history, along with what they say about her personality. But so far they say she is active, fond of listening to music, playing with toys, has a ready smile, quick in reaction, impatient sometimes, and is closest to her caretaker. We still don't know what we are going to name her. Lian has some ideas and we're waiting to see if any characteristics jump out at us as we look at her picture. Until then, she is Feng Xiao Nu, which I'm still waiting for Dano to translate ;).

I knew we might receive the phone call today, but it was already noon and I hadn't heard anything. Ironically, I had just said to Shelley, my sister-in-law, that it seemed strange to not have anyone around with which to celebrate. When we received Lian's referral, i was in my office and everyone got to celebrate with me. Well, Lian's friend, Emma Balma, had a birthday party today at 11:30 am. In the midst of the party, my phone fell out of my pocket and I didn't realize it. So it was now 12:30 pm and I realized that my phone was gone. I found it on the ground, picked it up and had missed two phone calls from our adoption agency. When I called back, the intern answered because everyone had gone to lunch. He didn't know where our file was. I hung up so upset that I missed the call. Then I tried again and pleaded with him to just get me the basic information. He was able to this time and I started jumping around in total excitement. The cool thing is that so many of my friends were at this party, so I was able to celebrate with so many friends. I thought I would cry in this moment, but it was my friends who were teary. I was just so excited, I could barely think straight. Then off Lian and I drove to Tacoma to pick up the paperwork. Dano leaves for a three day work trip tonight, so we were so thankful that he was able to see her picture before he left.

We started this process in January 2005. Now we have to wait a little over a month to welcome this baby girl into our home. Thank you for your prayers, words of encouragement, tears and joy, as we've been on this journey. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family in our lives.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you!!! Can't wait to meet your New arrival to your family.
Rhonda James

Beth said...

Congratulations! She is just adorable!!!!

Beth
LID 6/5/06

K1 said...

Congratulations!

Karen in Redmond, WA

Wendy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Our daughter is from Fengcheng too and came home last Dec.

Email me if you have any questions.
wendypooh68@comcast.net

onefairlady said...

frickin about time. sounds like a little girl i already love...what is "warrior" in Chinese?

auntie jen

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jennifer & Dano, Feng Xiao Nu looks just precious! SO happy to hear the news!! -- Deirdre McQ

Salome's Mom said...

She is so precious and beautiful. Congratulations to your family.

Yoli

Anonymous said...

We are Elizabeth And Ray Cook in Nova Scotia Canada. Our first baby girl is a beautiful Fengcheng baby and was also in foster care. Please feel free to contact us. ecook@accesswave.ca

Heather said...

I found your blog via RQ. Congratulations on your referral! She is so cute!

Julie said...

Congratulations! Our daughter is a FengCheng baby too. She is now 3 years old. Please join the FengCheng Yahoo group. We have lots of great information! Again, congrats from one FengCheng mom to another!

http://twack-twack.blogspot.com/

Joannah said...

She's precious! Congratulations!

Rachel W said...

Congrats on your Fengcheng baby! She is gorgeous!

Come join the yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FengchengFamilies/
Rachel
mom to Margaux from Fencheng
www.ourbabynews.com/margaux

Adam said...

Fantastic news. Ann is very excited to have a friend only 9 days younger than she is, even if she's on the other side of the world at the moment.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! I have a FengCheng sweetie too!! Have you seen the Hello Kitty Club? www.geocities.com/FengChengHelloKittyClub
You should also join the FengChengFamilies yahoo group. Lots of good info!

The Barkers said...

How exciting! We've been praying and are absolutely thrilled for all of you. Lian is going to be such a wonderful big sister. We look forward to learning more about your newest family member, and in the meantime we pray that your preparations and trip to China will be marked with all manner of moments worth treasuring.

Cherith said...

She is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Christine said...

Congrats!She is precious. Happy cloud nine!

Suzanne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! The day has arrived and I'm so excited! Your blog looks perfect:)

Aunt Suzy

Korrie said...

Congrats. Your daughter is from the same orphanage that my daughter was adopted from. Be sure to join the fengcheng yahoo group to get lots of info to prepare you for your trip.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FengchengFamilies/?yguid=35645729

Anonymous said...

Hello-

My husband and I were looking at your wonderful website. Congratulations on your new baby- we are very happy for you. We received the referral for our daughter Sofia May 2006. The reason your blog stood out is that Sofia shares the same birthday and she is also from Jiangxi Province but a different orphanage. I have to say that their China pictures look very simiilar- I think that red background and the light green outfit gets alot of use.

Anyway- all the best with your travels. We enjoyed Nanchung especially the People's Park.

We are waiting for our second daughter with a LID of 3/28/07- I think it will be a while.

All the best and blessings to you and your family.

Reiner, Michelle, and Sofia
Los Angeles, CA

Richard L. Lane said...

Hey Dano and Jennifer, congratulations of your long-awaited referral. I know the feeling well of the anticipation and suspense of finally getting that picture. She's beautiful.

I would loove to feature little Feng Xiao Nu's picture on the home page of Fengcheng Families Yahoo Group as soon as you decide on her new name. Just let me know at rllane57@yahoo.com.

Richard

Ava Baby said...

Congratulations, your daughter is beautiful!

The Batlles said...

What a cutie; so glad that you finally got this good news after such a long wait.

We're very excited for you!

LadyBug Journals said...

Congratulations! She is just adorable!!!!

Steve Offutt said...

I'm pumped for you guys. Feng Xiao looks like the perfect addition to the Jukanovich family!

-Steve

Jen Permann said...

My heart-felt congratulations to to you Jennifer, Dano and Lian! Elena and I greatly look forward to meeting Xiao Nu!

Jen Permann

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your referral. When you are ready to obtain her "finding ad", please come visit us. The ads contain great photos (pre-dating referral photos), and great information to know before you travel.

www.research-china.org

Have a safe trip!

Brian