Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick Adoption Update

Last Monday we were told by the Mother Superior that our son would be chosen on Tuesday. He has been chosen for us, but we will not know who he is until the Ministry of Gender approves the Sister's selection. Apparently they can tell them "no." This is fine, except that the woman in charge of the adoption office at the Ministry just resigned last week. Needless to say we were discouraged. I went to the office and was told she would have a replacement by today. We are going to go to the office on Wednesday to see if someone did replace her and if so, if they will place their stamp of approval on our son. It is very difficult living just ten minutes from the orphanage, volunteering there every Wednesday and not being able to know who he is. Please pray for our patience.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Jennifer...I was thinking about you and found your blog again, just to discover you are in Rwanda awaiting the arrival of your next child. I am so happy for you and Dano, and will be praying for your patience and his quick and smooth arrival. I have a favor to ask of you as I am preparing for my next trip to Uganda in May (I've been back once since we were there together). Can you e-mail me @ christineamarino@gmail.com? I've also lost your contact information.

Melinda said...

I just keep checking in to see what you've found out. Thinking of you.....
love, Melinda

Melinda said...

I just keep checking in to see what you've found out. Thinking of you.....
love, Melinda