Monday, October 12, 2009

Adoption update

Our dossier arrived at our Rwandan attorney's office this evening. We will meet tomorrow and then she is presenting it to the Minister of Gender and Family Formation. According to this attorney, it is highly likely that we could receive our child within 2-3 months. The other thing she told us is that since we are in-country, once the Minister has approved our dossier, then our attorney will go with us to the Sisters of Charity Home of Hope orphanage and we will choose our child. Dano and I are taking big, deep breaths right now. This is so different from how our other two adoptions went. And it feels like a very heavy weight on us right now to "choose" our child. So we are praying in a very different way for our son right now and would appreciate any prayers from friends and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God will guide you to your little one.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

With much love & anticipation,
Lee & Dennis

Kurt Campbell said...

You guys are taking the life plunge to whole new level with a third child. You make me look like I'm standing still. I love your hearts and I will pray that God continues to lead you in His ways.